Prep Time: 10 mins | Refrigeration time: 30 min | Bake Time: 20 min | Total Time: 1 hour+
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.
- Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted.
- Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Cookies will be nice and chewy even after a week! Place cookies in an airtight container & enjoy!