I wash my beauty blender with laundry detergent and body soap. Yep, you read that right. I’ve found that these two items wash my beauty blender the best.
- Rinse beauty blender with water (Just as if you were about to use it)
- Spot clean with Irish Spring body soap
- Put body soap bar under the faucet
- Rub beauty blender in bar
- Finish cleaning beauty blender with Tide Laundry Detergent
- Put Laundry Detergent on beauty blender
- Wash as normal
As you can see, the results are great! I’ve used other things to clean it like face wash, hand soap, kitchen soap and olive oil and I think that has to be the best combination I’ve tried so far.
After washing the Beauty Blender with Laundry Detergent + body soap combination, I noticed that the laundry detergent fragrance is noticeable for a few weeks.
The detergent alone will not remove spots, which is why a body soap is needed to combat stains. I rub the beauty blender spots straight on the body soap and in minutes they are gone.
As a reminder, Laundry D-e-t-e-r-g-e-n-t is a detergent, therefore it will remove grease and dirt, making clothes and dishes clean. Your beauty blender will end up feeling somewhat dry.