As much as I love eating salad, I get bored really easily with eating the same type of salad every day. Now that I have more time on my hands, I have ventured out to try different salads for a quick lunch or breakfast.
This is my Tomato Avocado Salad, which doesn’t include any greens other than avocado. Interesting enough, I love tomato and avocado separately, but never thought to mix them together. I usually eat this salad for brunch, but it would also be a good side dish.
•Medium Ripe Tomato
•Medium Ripe Avocado
•Salt and Pepper
•Lime / Lemon
1. Dice tomato in medium cubes and put in serving bowl
2. Dice avocado in medium cubes and put in serving bowl
3. Mix the tomato and avocado together
4. Add a couple of tablespoons of lime / lemon
5. Add salt and pepper to taste
6. Mix the ingredients together and it’s ready to serve!
Alternatives / Extras
The above recipe is how I like to make my dish but I always like to include extras so that you can customize it to your liking.
•Give it more flavor: Add a vinaigrette dressing or olive oil
•Make it more filling: Add sliced cucumber and/or sliced onions
Eat the salad immediately. Browning will happen with the avocado so it may not look as appealing if you decide to eat it a couple hours after making. The lime / lemon does help slow down the browning but not entirely.