As the claim says, the highlighter gives a beautiful “highlight” look. I tried wearing the highlighter alone and by wetting the brush before dipping it into the container. Dipping the brush in water gives it a much brighter pigmentation. If you’re going for a striking highlight, then wet your highlighter brush before dipping it. It is not as intense as other highlighters but still very visible.
Smell / Texture: ★★★
The highlighters have no smell. The texture is finely grained and not chunky.
Available Colors: Descriptions by Ulta
- Radiant Lights: Brighten up your cloudiest days and make your look radiant. Perfect for fair to medium skin tones.
- Peach Lights: This juicy peach of a highlighter will give you instant cheekbones with its pearly shine. Great for fair skin tones.
- Golden Lights: You’re golden, as long as you have this powder on your side. With a yellow-gold sheen, this highlighter is ideal for medium to deep skin tones.
- Rose Gold Lights: Add a rosy hue to your full face look with this dazzling highlighter.
- Matte Lights: Give in to your matte fantasy with this highlighter designed to give a natural glow from within.
The packaging is great. They could have made the lid a bit less round. The lid makes it bulky for travel but it’s fine for the price.
$6 and you get 0.375oz of product. Ulta is having a sale. When you buy 2 highlighters, you get one free, so they end up being $4 each! Great deal if you ask me!
If there’s something that I don’t like about these highlighters, it’s the Ulta website, not exactly the highlighters themselves. When looking up the highlighters, I realized that some of the colors depicted on the Ulta website look completely different in real life.
The picture above is of the color Peach Lights. Below, is a picture that I took of my highlighter. Yes, the lid is broken but it still works.
In real life, the color is more of a frosty pink. If you have the ABH x Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit, it’s a combination of Kitty Kat and Forever Lit. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a pretty color, but I would suggest going to your local Ulta and swatching the colors in person.
For the $6, I think this highlighter is amazing. If you don’t want to go out and spend a lot of money on a high-end highlighter or you’re just starting to wear highlight, this is a great alternative. The highlighter stays on and doesn’t really move, especially if you use a setting spray. It’s a bit bulky for travel, but it’s nothing out of the ordinary. Like I mentioned, I recommend going to Ulta so that you can find the correct color you like.
P.S As of this post, I’ve revised the product review scale. This scale more accurately describes the products better than before.
Product review scale:
☆☆☆ – Horrible
★☆☆ – OK
★★☆ – Good
★★★ – Amazing