Cream cheese wontons are probably one of the best and easiest recipes with cream cheese and wonton wrappers. They are simple to make and way better than takeout!
Originally, it’s a crab rangoon made out of cream cheese wontons with tiny bits of crab meat, deep-fried to golden perfection. I’m not a fan of seafood, so this is my rendition of the popular dish.
1 box Regular Cream Cheese
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Pinch of salt
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and salt in a bowl
- Place 1 tablespoon of the cream cheese filling in the middle of a wonton wrapper
- Dab some water on the outer edges of the wonton wrapper
- Fold the four ends of the wonton wrapper together, making a small dent in the middle
- Heat up a pot of oil for deep-frying
- Fry the wonton until golden brown
- Dish out with a strainer
- Drain the excess oil by laying the wonton on a plate with napkins
- Let wontons cool down before serving
You can include crab in this dish if you like! Just include it while mixing all the other ingredients.*
Other meat options are also great! If you decide to cook them with chicken, pork, or beef, substitute the sugar and cream cheese for something savory. Here are some alternatives.
- Meat fillings: chicken, pork, beef
- Cream cheese/sugar substitute: Soy sauce, scallions, onion, sesame oil, pepper
There you have it! This is my rendition of creme cheese wontons/crab rangoon. How do you make yours?
Happy cooking. xo