I’ve been gone for such a long time but today I’m back with a new beauty post. Today I’m comparing the Kat Von D Tattoo Liner, Kat Von D Ink Liner, and Stila’s Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner. Keep reading to see which one’s my current favorite!
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner: Kat Von D’s Tattoo Liner in Trooper ($20)
- Tip – The tip on Trooper is a brush with thin, synthetic hairs packed together. This tip is perfect and allows for the most precise eyeliner application.
- Formula – The formula great until you get to the end of the liner’s life. After a couple months the liner is opaque and very unpredictable when applying. Sometimes I can get a great line with one application, other times I need to apply two layers for it to be as dark black as Stila’s.
- Staying Power – Eyeliner smudges if you have oily skin, apply a facial mist, after a couple hours of wear. Sets very quickly!
Kat Von D Ink Liner: Kat Von D’s Ink Liner in Trooper ($20)
- Tip – The tip on Trooper is pointed felt tip. This tip is perfect for bold looks because of the harder tip but harder to apply a precise line if you’re a beginner.
- Formula – The formula is harder to apply than the Kat Von D Tattoo liner. Dries out very quickly – liner lasted a couple months, then I had to buy a new one. Has a subtle shine to the formula.
- Staying Power – Eyeliner sets very quickly and does not smudge.
Stila Stay All Day: Stila Stay All Day ($22)
- Tip – The tip is a pointed felt tip. This tip is harder to apply a precise line. Still better than the Ink liner, but the Tattoo liner is still above all.
- Formula – The formula is dark and with one application, you’re good to go!
- Staying Power – Eyeliner does not smudge if you have oily lids. Stays on the “all day”.
Verdict: You can probably tell by my quick reviews above, but my current favorite is the Stila Stay All Day. I used to love the KVD Tattoo liner but over time it started wearing off (especially during the summer, hot days) and I was never really a fan of the Ink Liner because of the tip (although it’s a felt tip like Stila’s!).
If you have oily lids and need something that lasts long, I would get the Stila Stay All Day. KVD liners are great, and have a great staying power, if you don’t have oily lids. If you’re new to makeup, I would try the Tattoo liner, if you’re a pro, I would try the Ink liner.